WP-CMS is a plugin for WordPress that changes the functionality of the WordPress admin backend to act more like a CMS.
The blog functionality becomes optional and the focus is on writing pages to make WordPress as user friendly for
you and your clients as possible.
After you’ve downloaded and extracted the files:
- Upload the complete ‘wp-cms’ folder to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- You’re done. WordPress is now a CMS.
You can access the WP-CMS settings via the “settings” menu to toggle blog functionality.
To uninstall WP-CMS:
- Delete the “home” page with the content “thanks for using wp-cms” (if it was created).
- Go to “Settings > Reading” and change these options back to whatever you like.
- What if I have WordPress v2.6 or below?
You can use the previous version of this plugin (v1.2.1) with the older style WordPress UI (ie. pre WordPress 2.7).
- But I can still access posts and other blog functionality if I manually type in the url
Yes this plugin does NOT restrict access to any part of the WordPress backend. It just hides elements from users
to make the backend simpler.
There are no reviews for this plugin.