Improve your web typography with:
Hyphenation — over 70 languages ’supported
Space control, including:
- widow protection
- gluing values to units
- forced internal wrapping of long URLs & email addresses
Intelligent character replacement, including smart handling of:
- quote marks
- trademarks, copyright & service marks
- math symbols
- ordinal ’suffixes
CSS hooks for styling:
- uppercase words,
- initial quotes & guillemets.
wp-Typography has the following requirements:
FAQs are maintained on the wp-Typography website.
Three questions come up so frequently, we will republish their answers here:
Will this plugin slow my page loading times?
Maybe. For best performance, use a persistent object cache plugin like WP Redis.
This plugin breaks post title links. What gives?
More likely than not, your WordPress theme is using an improper function to set the title attribute of your heading’s link. It is probably using the
the_title()function, which delivers the post title after filtering. It should be using
the_title_attribute()which delivers the post title before filtering. Change out this function throughout your theme when it is used inside of an HTML tag, and the problem should go away.
If you are uncomfortable editing your theme’s code, you may alternatively go to the wp-Typography settings page in your admin panel and add
h2to the “Do not process the content of these HTML elements:” field. This will disable typographic processing within improperly designed page title links and page titles.
What are the privacy implications of using the plugin?
wp-Typography does not store, transmit or otherwise process personal data as ’such. It does cache the content of the site’s posts. If necessary, you can clear this cache from the plugin’s settings page.
Remember, many more FAQs are are addressed the wp-Typography website.
Contributors & Developers
“wp-Typography” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“wp-Typography” has been translated into 7 locales. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “wp-Typography” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
5.9.1 – January 22, 2023
- Bugfix: Only apply filters to ACF fields returning strings to preserve type expectations for downstream code.
5.9.0 – January 21, 2023
- Feature: wp-Typography is now compatible with PHP 8.1.
- Feature: Improved Advanced Custom Fields ’support:
- wp-Typography is now compatible with Advanced Custom Fields 6.
- The return type
arrayis now ’supported for most fields.
- Change: PHP minimum version increased to 7.4.
Prevent widowsis now disabled by default.
5.8.1 – January 25, 2022
- Bugfix: Whitescreen in
Requirementsclass due to error in build process fixed.
5.8.0 – January 25, 2022
- Feature: wp-Typography is now compatible with PHP 8.0.
- Change: WordPress minimum version increased to 5.3.
- Change: PHP minimum version increased to 7.2.
- Change: Support for Internet Explorer 11 has been dropped.
- Change: A fabulous new plugin icon designed by Johanna Amann.